2. Out of total cigarettes sold all over the world, 25 % are smuggled.
3. 70 % of the cigarette market is owned by major brands like Marlboro, Camel, Kent and kool.
4. The American cigarette manufacturers sell much less cigarettes to Americans as compared to the number that they sell to non-Americans.
5. Urea, which is excreted in urine is used to flavor the cigarettes.
6. Additional flavors are mixed in blended tobacco with the help of toppings of substances like, clove, licorice, orange oil, apricot stone, lime oil, lavender oil, cocoa and many others.
7. Legally tobacco can not be sold to people younger than 18 years in most of countries except Japan where legal age for the purpose is 20 years.
8. There is a myth that smoking helps in digestion. In fact smoking slows digestion by diverting the blood towards other organs, away from intestine where it is required for digestion.
9. Within 10 seconds of inhalation of cigarette smoke, nicotine reaches every part of body including brain.
10. It has been proven by research that smokers’ life expectancy is reduced by 14 years.